Organizations must always consider search engine marketing when designing
and publishing a website. There is no value in implementing a
website that doesn't rank well in the major search engines.
Fortunately, there are many things that can be done to improve visibility
of your website in search engines.
Here are a few tips and tricks:
- Use words and phrases on your site that your customers would
use in searches.
- Create a web page title (meta tag) that succinctly reflects
the content of the page.
- Create a page description (meta tag) that describes content &
- Avoid the use of "drop-down" lists for website navigation.
- Don't use "frames" on your web site. They are unfriendly to
- When incorporating photos or graphics, include a image description
- Create great content that encourages other website owners to
link to your website.
- Don't require visitors to enter data or press buttons to display
- Ensure that your website doesn't violate any search engine policies.
- Minimize file size (e.g. photos and graphics) so that web pages load
- Avoid changing directory or file names once your site has been